When we recently stumbled across this recipe we knew we just had to share it with you all. It involves a fair amount of work – much more than the average cocktail – but we promise it’s worth it. The Spiced Peartini Cocktail Recipe is one of our favourite autumnal/winter cocktails, and really packs a punch whilst being very drinkable.
The recipe was created during 2015’s London Cocktail Week by award-winning mixologist Oskar Kinberg, one of the men behind the incredibly successful Dabbous restaurant and Oskar’s Bar in London.
For the spice-poached pears
3 pears, peeled and quartered
500g sugar syrup (1:1 water to sugar)
1 vanilla pod, slit open
2 cinnamon sticks
1 star anise
50g fresh ginger
For the Cocktail
1/2 a spice-poached pear
15ml lemon juice
25ml pressed apple juice
25ml of the pear poaching liquor
- For the poached pears, put all the ingredients in a pan set over a low heat.
- Simmer for 10mins, then add the pears and summer for an additional 8mins.
- Remove from the heat and store the pears and liquor on a lidded container.
- For the cocktail, muddle the pear half in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add all of the other ingredients, shake with ice, and strain into a glass.
- Garnish with a flower or a pear fan.
This recipe first appeared in Good Things Magazine.